Laser Therapy: A Breakthrough Solution for Pain Relief and Enhanced Healing
Discover the revolutionary power of laser therapy for pain, injury, and enhanced healing. At the forefront of modern technology, laser therapy offers a non-invasive and highly effective solution for a range of conditions. From chronic pain to sports injuries, laser therapy provides fast and lasting relief, without the need for drugs or surgery. Say goodbye to pain and hello to stronger, healthier healing with laser therapy.
What Is Laser Therapy For Pain & Healing?
Laser therapy for faster healing and pain reduction is an effective healing modality for all kinds of injury and inflammatory syndromes including arthritis, tendonitis, chronic scar tissue, carpal tunnel, disc degeneration, neurological concerns, tight muscles in the neck/back and so much more.
Gentle laser light is applied by Dave using sophisticated laser technology on affected tissues to promote healing/regeneration, boost endorphins and reduce pain often quicker then more traditional methods of therapy.
Meet Lazer Dave – Ottawa’s Laser Therapy Expert
Dave utilizes laser therapy for the treatment of various pain and injury syndromes. Laser therapy is also known as low level laser therapy, LLLT, photobiomodulation, PBM therapy, laser acupuncture and cold laser.
Laser is increasingly being recognized as an effective non-pharmaceutical based method for stronger healing, reducing pain/inflammation and more.
Lazer Dave has 15+ years of clinical experience utilizing laser for these purposes and more.
Photos above pertain to a documented treatment plan using laser for a grade 2 hamstring tear. Results cannot be guaranteed.
Laser Therapy — Super Charged Healing
Laser therapy is a treatment which utilizes low level laser light or high intensity laser light to stimulate the body’s own natural healing systems to relieve pain, reduce inflammation, promote regeneration of tissue, and other strong healing responses in the body. Lazer Dave refers to this process as “super charged healing”.
The light source (laser device) is placed in contact with the skin allowing the photon energy from the laser to penetrate the tissues. This technology can in some cases be “curative” and can eliminate or reduce symptoms associated with many acute and chronic pain conditions.
How Does Laser Therapy Work?
It is theorized that the main reason for the reduction in pain from laser is due to the anti-inflammatory effect as increased circulation reduces pressure on nerves. In addition, elevated levels of endorphins (morphine like substances naturally produced by the body) reduce the sensation of pain.
LASER APPLIED TO TISSUE
Benefits Of Laser Therapy
There are 7 main benefits of using laser therapy:
- EFFECTIVE – Laser promotes a strong healing response in tissue by reducing inflammation and promoting tissue regeneration. By Dave’s estimation, laser therapy can provoke a healing response 2-6 TIMES STRONGER than the ability of your body to heal itself. This is advantageous when you need an injury or pain syndrome to get better but can’t stop working. There are currently 10,000+ studies on laser therapy.
- PAIN-FREE TREATMENT – Gentle, low intensity laser light is applied over the tissues. Many find treatment very relaxing due to endorphin release. This is stark contrast to many other more traditional methods like deep tissue massage, acupuncture with needles, etc.
- SAFE – Any contraindications to treatment, risks or potential side effects are discussed individually with each patient to facilitate informed consent. Unlike most pharmaceutical solutions and other therapeutic options, laser therapy is non-toxic and non-invasive.
- REDUCES PAIN & IMPROVES MOOD – Most patients report a significant reduction in pain after utilizing laser therapy (chronic conditions may require a few treatments before this can happen). In addition, treatments utilizing laser therapy often improve moods, reduces feelings of anxiety, depression and other negative emotional factors that can be connected with physical pain.
- REDUCED DEPENDENCY ON PAIN MEDICATION – Most pharmaceuticals options for pain only temporarily reduce symptoms and do not address underlying causes. In addition, many pharmaceuticals come with a host of undesirable side effects and can even damage your internal organs with prolonged use. Though laser therapy can reduce your dependency on such medications, consultation with a
physician is ALWAYS recommended.
- LESS TREATMENTS FOR YOUR CONCERNS – Many of Dave’s clients report they need less treatment in order to better manage their pain syndromes when laser therapy is utilized versus more traditional therapies.
- TEAM APPROACH – Laser therapy is a perfect adjunct to other therapies you may already be receiving including physiotherapy, massage, chiropractic, etc.
What Conditions Can Laser Therapy Treat?
Some conditions treatable with laser therapy include:
- Low back, neck, shoulder, knee, hip, foot pain
- Ankle, hand, knee, elbow pain
- Disc degeneration
- ITB syndrome
- Plantar fasciitis
- Tendonitis, bursitis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Rotator cuff injury
- Trigger points (muscle knots)
- Shin splints
- Achilles tendinitis
- Ligament, muscle, tendon, nerve injury
- Bulging and herniated discs
- Wound healing
- Scar tissue
- Inflammation or swelling
- Muscle tightness
- Golfer’s elbow, tennis elbow
- Sprains & Strains
- Bell’s Palsy
- Repetitive strain injury
- Post surgery
- Post workout soreness
- and more…
How Effective Is Laser Therapy For Reducing Pain?
Laser therapy for pain and healing is effective for many people. There are currently 10,000+ scientific studies on laser therapy.
Some patients report a reduction in pain even after one treatment utilizing laser therapy. In cases of acute pain, this may occur at the end of the first or second treatment. In chronic pain cases, this may take 2-3+ treatments until notable results are experienced. Results are NOT guaranteed.
How Do I Choose A Laser Therapist?
There are many variables to consider and evaluate when choosing a laser therapist to help you with your health goals.
Among the most important considerations are the therapists laser therapy training, professional background, equipment used, clinic location/environment and more. Of utmost important is the training and background of the therapist because laser therapy is an unregulated industry in Canada — anyone with just a 2 hour introductory course can technically call themselves a “laser therapist”.
Check out Dave’s Page “How Do I Choose A Laser Therapist” for information and important questions you should ask when evaluating a laser therapist’s abilities and qualifications to help you with your health goals.
Why Choose Lazer Dave?
Lazer Dave is Ottawa’s premiere laser therapy expert.
This is backed up by his 12+ years of clinical experience treating a myriad of health concerns, top notch European laser therapy equipment from Germany, high clinical success rates, massage therapy training, medical acupuncture training via McMaster University, anatomy expertise, physiology knowledge, hours of laser therapy training, commitment to continuing education and keeping up-to-date on the latest research/developments in the field of laser and photobiomodulation (PBM) therapy.
In addition, Dave is very motivated to bring the healing power of laser light therapy to as many people as possible in order to help them achieve their health goals in the areas of pain, injury, inflammation, addiction, anti-aging, wellness and more.
This combined expertise can be best summarized as “The Lazer Dave Advantage” and qualifies him as Ottawa’s laser therapy expert. For more details on Dave’s professional qualifications, check out the page “Why Choose Dave?”. In addition, check out Dave’s page “Choosing A Laser Therapist?” for advice on picking a therapist best suited to help you on your journey to achieve your health goals.
About Lazer Dave
Want to know a little more personal info about Lazer Dave and his laser story?
Check out the “About Lazer Dave” page.
3 OTTAWA LOCATIONS TO SERVE YOU
TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
contact one of 3 Ottawa locations:
1. Nepean PHYSIOCARE (Tuesdays)
Call 613-714-9495 Text 613-702-2668
Physiocare Website NEPEAN
2. Westboro PHYSIOCARE (Wednesdays)
Call 613-722-3769 Text 613-703-8812
Physiocare Website WESTBORO
3. Kanata PHYSIOCARE (Thurs, Fri, Sat)
Call 613-254-5639 Text (613) 482-4167
Physiocare Website KANATA
Serving the laser therapy for pain & injury needs of the greater Ottawa area including Kanata, Nepean, Gatineau, Gleeb, Barrhaven, Manotick, Stittsville, Arnprior, Whitelake, Pakenham, Mississippi Mills, Carleton Place, Goulbourn, Carp, Dunrobin, Perth, Smiths Falls, Kingston and surrounding areas.
for a free consultation:
Call or Text 613-854-6969