What Is Laser Therapy For Pain & Healing?
Laser therapy for faster healing and pain reduction is a painless and safe healing modality for all kinds of injury and inflammatory syndromes including arthritis, tendonitis, chronic scar tissue, carpal tunnel, disc degeneration, neurological concerns, tight muscles in the neck/back and so much more.
Gentle laser light is applied by Lazer Dave using sophisticated European Laser Technolgoy on affected tissues to promote healing/regeneration, boost endorphins and reduce pain often quicker then more traditional methods of therapy.
Meet Lazer Dave – Ottawa’s Laser Therapy Expert
Lazer Dave is a Certified Laser Therapist (CLT) and utilizes laser therapy for the treatment of various pain and injury syndromes. Laser therapy is also known as low level laser therapy, LLLT, low level laser therapy, photobiomodulation (PBM) therapy and cold laser.
Laser is increasingly being recognized as an effective non-pharmaceutical based method for stronger healing, reducing pain/inflammation and more.
Lazer Dave has 12+ years of clinical experience utilizing laser for these purposes and more.
Photos above pertain to a documented treatment plan using laser for a grade 2 hamstring tear. Results cannot be guaranteed.
What Is Laser Therapy?
Laser therapy is a treatment which utilizes low level laser light (a.k.a low level laser therapy, LLLT, photobiomodulation therapy, cold laser therapy) to stimulate the body’s own natural healing systems to relieve pain, reduce inflammation, promote regeneration of tissue, and other strong healing responses in the body. Lazer Dave refers to this process as “super charged healing”.
The light source (laser device) is placed in contact with the skin allowing the photon energy from the laser to penetrate the tissues. This technology can in some cases be “curative” and can eliminate or reduce symptoms associated with many acute and chronic pain conditions.
How Does Laser Therapy Work?
It is theorized that the main reason for the reduction in pain from laser is due to the anti-inflammatory effect as increased circulation reduces pressure on nerves. In addition, elevated levels of endorphins (morphine like substances naturally produced by the body) reduce the sensation of pain.
LASER APPLIED TO TISSUE
Benefits Of Laser Therapy
There are 7 main benefits of using laser therapy:
- EFFECTIVE – Laser promotes a strong healing response in tissue by reducing inflammation and promoting tissue regeneration. By Dave’s estimation, laser therapy can provoke a healing response 2-6 TIMES STRONGER than the ability of your body to heal itself. This is advantageous when you need an injury or pain syndrome to get better but can’t stop working. There are currently 10,000+ studies on laser therapy. RESULTS CANNOT BE GUARANTEED.
- PAIN-FREE TREATMENT – Gentle, low intensity laser light is applied over the tissues. Many find treatment very relaxing due to endorphin release.
- SAFE – Any contraindications to treatment, risks or potential side effects are discussed individually with each patient to facilitate informed consent. Unlike most pharmaceutical solutions and other therapeutic options, laser therapy is non-toxic and non-invasive.
- REDUCES PAIN & IMPROVES MOOD – Most patients report a significant reduction in pain after utilizing laser therapy (chronic conditions may require a few treatments before this can happen). In addition, treatments utilizing laser therapy often improve moods, reduces feelings of anxiety, depression and other negative emotional factors that can be connected with physical pain.
- REDUCED DEPENDENCY ON PAIN MEDICATION – Most pharmaceuticals options for pain only temporarily reduce symptoms and do not address underlying causes. In addition, many pharmaceuticals come with a host of undesirable side effects and can even damage your internal organs with prolonged use. Though laser therapy can reduce your dependency on such medications, consultation with a
physician is ALWAYS recommended.
- LESS TREATMENTS FOR YOUR CONCERNS – Many of Dave’s clients report they need less treatment in order to better manage their pain syndromes when laser therapy is utilized versus more traditional therapies.
- TEAM APPROACH – Laser therapy is a perfect adjunct to other therapies you may already be receiving.
What Conditions Can Laser Therapy Treat?
Some conditions treatable with laser therapy include:
- Low back, neck, shoulder, knee, hip, foot pain
- Ankle, hand, knee, elbow pain
- Disc degeneration
- ITB syndrome
- Plantar fasciitis
- Tendonitis, bursitis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Rotator cuff injury
- Trigger points (muscle knots)
- Shin splints
- Achilles tendinitis
- Ligament, muscle, tendon, nerve injury
- Bulging and herniated discs
- Wound healing
- Scar tissue
- Inflammation or swelling
- Muscle tightness
- Golfer’s elbow, tennis elbow
- Sprains & Strains
- Bell’s Palsy
- Repetitive strain injury
- Post surgery
- Post workout soreness
- and more…
How Effective Is Laser Therapy For Reducing Pain?
Laser therapy for pain and healing is effective for many people. There are currently 10,000+ scientific studies on laser therapy.
Some patients report a reduction in pain even after one treatment utilizing laser therapy. In cases of acute pain, this may occur at the end of the first or second treatment. In chronic pain cases, this may take 2-3+ treatments until notable results are experienced. Results are NOT guaranteed.
TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
contact one of 3 Ottawa locations:
1. Nepean PHYSIOCARE
Physiocare Website NEPEAN
2. Westboro PHYSIOCARE
Physiocare Website WESTBORO
3. Kanata PHYSIOCARE
Physiocare Website KANATA
Serving the laser therapy for pain & injury needs of the greater Ottawa area including Kanata, Nepean, Gatineau, Gleeb, Barrhaven, Manotick, Stittsville, Arnprior, Whitelake, Pakenham, Mississippi Mills, Carleton Place, Goulbourn, Carp, Dunrobin, Perth, Smiths Falls, Kingston and surrounding areas.
for a free consultation:
Call or Text 613-854-6969