What Is Laser Therapy To Quit Marijuana & Drug Cravings?
Laser therapy to quit marijuana and drug cravings is a painless and safe treatment for reducing cravings and withdrawal symptoms from various drugs and substances.
Gentle laser light is applied by Lazer Dave using sophisticated European Laser Technolgoy to energy points on the face, ears, hands, and feet in order to naturally boost endorphins and break the cycle of drug addiction.
LAZER DAVE HAS A
90% SUCCESS RATE
Meet Lazer Dave – Ottawa’s Laser Therapy Expert
As a Certified Laser Therapist, Dave Hanemaayer (a.k.a. “Lazer Dave) has 14+ years of clinical experience and a 90% success rate using laser to help people quit marijuana (cannabis) and other forms of addiction.
Laser therapy is also known as low level laser therapy, LLLT, photobiomodulation therapy (PBM) and cold laser therapy.
Dave offers his in-clinic services from 3 Physiocare Physiotherapy locations in Ottawa including Westboro, Nepean and Kanata.
Want to know more personal stuff about Dave and his story? Check out the About Lazer Dave page.
Curious about Dave’s training and experience? Check out the Why Lazer Dave? page.
JOANNE FROM OTTAWA ON YOUTUBE
LASER FOR MARIJUANA ADDICTION TESTIMONIAL – OTTAWA
How The Ottawa Laser Solutions Program For Marijuana & Drugs Works…
Quitting your addiction to marijuana or drugs begins with a strong desire for change.
Add laser therapy plus a few simple ground rules and then dramatically increase the chance of becoming addiction free:
- Lowered cravings & withdrawal symptoms
- No pharmaceuticals
- Results just after one treatment
Laser Therapy Is An Adjunct For Alcohol/Drug Addiction Treatment
Dave ALWAYS suggests continued consultation with your doctor and/or mental health professional regarding alcohol/drug addiction treatment, including any changes with medications. Laser therapy is an adjunct treatment protocol. Dave’s goal using laser is to promote a strong physiological response in the body for reducing the intensity of alcohol/drug addiction withdrawal symptoms and detoxification. He does not offer mental health/drug addiction counselling services and he is NOT a doctor.
About Marijuana Addiction…
Marijuana is now legal in Canada and despite it’s many health and inflammatory reducing benefits – consumption can lead to the development of marijuana use disorder, which can take the form of addiction in some cases. Some reports suggest that 30 percent of those who use marijuana may have some degree of marijuana use disorder.
Marijuana use disorder is associated with dependence—in which a person feels withdrawal symptoms when not taking the drug. People who use marijuana frequently often report irritability, mood and sleep difficulties, decreased appetite, cravings, restlessness, and/or various forms of physical discomfort that peak within the first week after quitting and can last weeks for some. Marijuana dependence occurs when the brain adapts to large amounts of the drug by reducing production of and sensitivity to its own endocannabinoid neurotransmitters.
Marijuana use disorder becomes addiction when the person cannot stop using the drug even though it interferes with many aspects of his or her life.
Global News article regarding cannabis addiction:
About Drug Addiction…
Drug addiction, also called substance use disorder, is a disease that affects a person’s brain and behavior and leads to an inability to control the use of a legal or illegal drug or medication. Substances such as alcohol, marijuana and prescription or recreational drugs are considered drugs. When you’re addicted, you may continue using the drug despite the harm it causes.
Drug addiction can start with experimental use of a recreational drug in social situations, and, for some people, the drug use becomes more frequent. For others, particularly with opioids, drug addiction begins with exposure to prescribed medications, or receiving medications from a friend or relative who has been prescribed the medication.
The risk of addiction and how fast you become addicted varies by drug. Some drugs, such as opioid painkillers, have a higher risk and cause addiction more quickly than others.
As time passes, you may need larger doses of the drug to get high. Soon you may need the drug just to feel good. As your drug use increases, you may find that it’s increasingly difficult to go without the drug. Attempts to stop drug use may cause intense cravings and make you feel physically ill (withdrawal symptoms).
Drug addiction symptoms or behaviors include, among others:
- Feeling that you have to use the drug regularly — daily or even several times a day
- Having intense urges for the drug that block out any other thoughts
- Over time, needing more of the drug to get the same effect
- Taking larger amounts of the drug over a longer period of time than you intended
- Making certain that you maintain a supply of the drug
- Spending money on the drug, even though you can’t afford it
- Not meeting obligations and work responsibilities, or cutting back on social or recreational activities because of drug use
- Continuing to use the drug, even though you know it’s causing problems in your life or causing you physical or psychological harm
- Doing things to get the drug that you normally wouldn’t do, such as stealing
- Driving or doing other risky activities when you’re under the influence of the drug
- Spending a good deal of time getting the drug, using the drug or recovering from the effects of the drug
- Failing in your attempts to stop using the drug
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when you attempt to stop taking the drug
What Drugs Is Laser Therapy Effective For?
Besides marijuana/cannabis, laser therapy can dramatically help with withdrawal symptoms with quitting:
- Stimulants (e.g. cocaine, caffeine)
- Depressants (e.g. alcohol)
- Opioids (e.g. heroin, fentanyl, oxycodene)
- Benzodiazepines (Ativan, Valium, Xanex)
- Hallucinogens (e.g. LSD)
Laser Can Be Effective For Other Addictions…
Dave has success treating clients for other addictions including:
- Technology Addiction / Social Media Addiction / Gaming Addiction
- Gambling Addiction
- Nail Biting Addiction
- Sex Addiction
- Work Addiction
Especially concerning these days is “technology” addiction. This includes video games, social media, news, online shopping and more. Children and young people are especially at risk.
Dave’s Approach To Helping You Quit Drugs Using Laser Therapy…
Most important is your desire to quit. Subsequently, Dave subscribes to a 2 step approach in helping people overcome marijuana and drug addiction using laser therapy:
STEP ONE – Laser Therapy Treatment
Use laser therapy to treat various energy points on the face, ears, hands and feet to help break the physiological addiction to marijuana and drugs.
STEP TWO – Personalized Coaching
Second, address the psychological dependence to develop an addiction-free lifestyle. Simple ground rules can help increase the chances of you breaking your drug use habit in order to promote new and healthier behaviour patterns. This information is a supplement and not a replacement to a doctor’s or mental health professional’s guidance.
Benefits Of Laser Therapy To Quit Marijuana and Drugs…
- REDUCED CRAVINGS & WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS. Laser treatments can reduce your desire for alcohol, drugs, irritability, anxiety, insomnia, mild depression, agitation and other common symptoms associated with withdrawal.
- SAVE MONEY. By utilizing laser to help quit a drug, you may recoup the cost of Dave’s Laser Therapy program quickly AND continue to save more money in the future.
- PAINLESS. No needles are used to pierce the skin or tissues. Only gentle, low-intensity laser is applied over energy points.
- SAFE. Contraindications, minor risks or potential side effects associated with laser therapy are minimal. Unlike most pharmaceutical solutions and other therapeutic options, laser therapy is non-toxic, non-invasive and very safe.
- HIGH SUCCESS RATE. Dave utilizes the LAZER DAVE ADVANTAGE approach which has a 90% success rate in helping people to quit addictions like nicotine. Dave has 10+ years of clinical experience using laser therapy in his practice and completed 1,000s of treatments with successful outcomes for addiction, stress and pain.
- INSTANT RESULTS AFTER FIRST TREATMENT. Many people report significant relief from their withdrawal symptoms and cravings for many different types of drugs after just one treatment.
- REDUCES STRESS. Laser therapy usually improves mood, reduces feelings of anxiety, depression and other negative emotional factors that affect a person’s stress levels.
- LESS DEPENDENCE ON PHARMACEUTICALS. Laser can dramatically lessen your need for pharmaceutical drugs like anti-depressants, anti-anxiety medications and similar. Always consult with your family physician regarding any changes with medication.
- INCREASED MOTIVATION. Because nicotine cravings and withdrawal symptoms often diminish quickly with laser therapy, many people report that they have more motivation to make other positive lifestyle changes after they quit (a healthier diet, more exercise, etc.).
LAZER DAVE HAS A
90% SUCCESS RATE
What Happens Before My First Laser Treatment To Quit Marijuana or Drugs?
You will be asked to complete an online health history form and be emailed ahead of time “Lazer Dave’s Guide to Quitting Alcohol/Drugs”. This guide contains important preparation information and habit change suggestions that will maximize the chances of you successfully quitting for good. It is important that you follow as many of the recommendations as possible.
Please note: Lazer Dave’s Guide To Helping You Quit Alcohol, Cannabis & Drugs is NOT meant to be a replacement for professional drug counselling or mental health support services.
What To Expect On Your First Laser Treatment To Quit Drugs…
When you come for your first laser to quit marijuana/drugs with Lazer Dave, you will get comfortable by lying down on a comfortable treatment table while listening to relaxing music
Dave will explain the procedure to you and ask you to wear protective eyewear. Dave will use various laser devices to treat “acutherapy” points on the face, ears, arms, hands, lower legs and feet.
You may feel a slight warm or tingling sensation through your body. As the points are stimulated with the laser light, your body should begin to release endorphins and other powerful neuro-chemicals which promote a pleasant sense of relaxation.
What to Expect After Your First Laser Therapy Treatment To Quit Drugs…
After your first laser therapy treatment for quitting marijuana and drugs you will likely feel more relaxed, calm, and best of all your cravings will likely have diminished. In addition to treating you with laser, Dave will also review behavioural modification practices and then schedule your second appointment (included with the program fee).
While many find positive results with 1-2 treatments, some may require additional “booster” treatments for longer term success depending on their individual circumstances.
Is There Scientific Research For Using Laser To Quit Alcohol?
Despite what the skeptics say about laser therapy, there is scientific evidence that supports the efficacy of stimulating energy points (acupuncture points) to help treat addiction for nicotine, alcohol and drug addiction.
Here is one example of a study on PubMed: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28621706
Is Laser Therapy Safe?
Any potential contraindications to treatment, risks or side effects are addressed during the email consultation process to facilitate informed consent.
Laser therapy is non-toxic, drug-free and non-invasive.
“I can’t believe how EASY it was to QUIT SMOKING using LASER THERAPY !”
K.S. from Kitchener
Are There Any Side Effects?
Negative side effects are very uncommon. Usually, patients report that they continue to feel relaxed and slept more than normal following treatment. Many are surprised at the ease in which they are able to better manage the drug withdrawal process utilizing laser therapy.
How Does Laser Therapy Help Me Quit Marijuana or Drugs?
Low intensity laser is applied to specific energy points (acupuncture points) of the ears, head, neck, hands, and feet in order to stimulate the release of neurotransmitters such as dopamine, serotonin, and endorphins – which help to break the addiction cycle to alcohol and other drugs.
The end goal is to drastically reduce cravings/withdrawal, giving you an edge to quit marijuana or drugs.
For more details on how laser therapy works, please proceed to the Laser Therapy Explained page.
Is Laser Therapy Painful?
No. Only gentle laser therapy light it utilized in your treatments. Most patients describe the treatment as extremely relaxing and pleasant. Some people feel no sensations, while others feel light pressure, tingling or a “heaviness” in their limbs.
How Many Laser Treatments Will I Need?
People utilizing Dave’s Quit Marijuana/Drugs Laser Program receive the initial treatment plus an additional treatment (usable within 2 weeks of your initial appointment).
Thereafter, some people require additional treatments in order to achieve longer term success.
How Much Do Treatments Cost?
The Quit Alcohol Laser Program costs $250 (plus HST). This entitles clients to the initial treatment plus an additional treatment (useable within 2 weeks of the initial appointment). Subsequent “booster” treatments (if required) are $75 (plus HST).
Please note: a $50 deposit is required towards the total cost of the program. You will be asked to make this deposit during registration for the program. The deposit policy is 100% NON-NEGOTIABLE.
Why A $50 Deposit?
Lazer Dave is often asked: “why do you require a $50 deposit for your laser therapy programs?”.
The short answer is that Lazer Dave is interested in only treating clients who are seriously committed to quitting their addiction(s). A $50 deposit demonstrates serious commitment.
In addition, Lazer Dave’s deposit policy helps to preserve his high success rates and goodwill he has built up over the years offering this specialized service.
How Long Are Treatments?
Individual treatment duration is typically 45 minutes for the first time, 30-45 minutes for subsequent treatments.
Do I Stop Consuming Marijuana/Drugs Before My First Treatment?
Dave recommends you consult with your doctor regarding how you discontinue consuming/smoking marijuana or drugs.
How Does Dave or Physiocare Bill For This Service?
Your receipt will display “Laser Quit Therapy Program”, performed by “Dave Hanemaayer, Certified Laser Therapist”.
Can I Consult With Dave?
Lazer Dave asks that you please read over this page as most frequently asked questions (FAQ) are answered here.
YOUR INVESTMENT INCLUDES…
Laser Dave’s Guide To Quitting Alcohol, Cannabis & Drugs
Custom designed suggestions and strategies
Initial laser treatment
One follow-up treatment (useable within 2 weeks of initial)
LAZER DAVE HAS A
90% SUCCESS RATE
TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
contact one of 3 Ottawa locations:
1. Nepean PHYSIOCARE
Physiocare Website NEPEAN
2. Westboro PHYSIOCARE
Physiocare Website WESTBORO
3. Kanata PHYSIOCARE
Physiocare Website KANATA
Serving the laser therapy quit drugs needs of the greater Ottawa area including Kanata, Nepean, Gatineau, Gleeb, Barrhaven, Manotick, Stittsville, Arnprior, Whitelake, Pakenham, Mississippi Mills, Carleton Place, Goulbourn, Carp, Dunrobin, Perth, Smiths Falls, Kingston and surrounding areas.
for a free consultation:
Call or Text 613-854-6969