What Is Laser Therapy?
Laser therapy is a treatment which utilizes low level laser light (a.k.a low level laser therapy, LLLT, photobiomodulation therapy (PBMT), cold laser therapy, laser acupuncture) to stimulate the body’s own natural healing systems to relieve pain, reduce inflammation, promote regeneration of tissue, reduce withdrawal symptoms from nicotine and other drugs. Lazer Dave, Certified Laser Therapist refers to this process as “super charged healing”.
The light source (laser device) is placed in contact with the skin allowing the photon energy from the laser to penetrate the tissues. The technology can in many cases even be “curative” and can eliminate or massively reduce symptoms associated with many acute and chronic pain conditions conditions. In addition, laser has clinically proven to be effective for quitting smoking (nicotine), alcohol, marijuana and other drugs.
History Of The Laser
The word “laser” is an acronym for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. Lasers have been used in countries such as Europe, Russia, Canada and Australia for over 40 years. The theory was first described in 1916 by Albert Einstein who paved the way for the development of the therapeutic laser that is used today for pain. The first laser was developed in 1960. In 1967, A Hungarian professor of medicine named Andre Mester, M.D., discovered that accelerated wound healing occurred with low intensity laser irradiation of wounds. Dr. Mester is considered the father of laser therapy. He published multiple papers throughout the 60s, 70s, and 80s on scientific investigation and therapeutic application of ruby laser and helium neon laser.
In the late 1970s diode lasers were invented. This allowed low-cost, high-wattage lasers to become marketable, and revolutionized modern society for their application ranging from scanners to CD players, to optical transmission of data. Modern day medical lasers are engineered for the highly therapeutic near-infrared wavelengths 970 nm and 790 nm. Many scientific studies demonstrate that these wavelengths have significant unique properties for cell stimulation and pain suppression.
How Does Laser Therapy Technology Work?
Laser therapy works by supplying energy to the body in the form of billions of photons of light. The body absorbs this laser light on a cellular level and transforms it into chemical energy (ATP), which the body then uses to commence accelerated tissue repair and other strong healing responses in the body.
What Are The Benefits Of Laser Therapy?
There are four important effects of laser therapy:
- Regeneration/Accelerated Healing – laser light stimulates fibroblast development, collagen production, reduces the formation of scar tissue, and positively influences other formative cells which accelerates the healing process.
- Reduction of Inflammation/Pain – laser light increases circulation and reduces swelling caused by inflammation which helps to also reduce pain.
- Relief of Withdrawal Symptoms From Addictions – most clients report a significant reduction in withdrawal symptoms from nicotine, alcohol, drugs and other substances/behaviours after laser treatment. A large part of this is mainly due to the anti-inflammatory effect as increased circulation reduces pressure on nerves. In addition, elevated levels of endorphins (morphine like substances naturally produced by the body) reduce the sensation of pain.
- Neuroplasticity Research is increasingly showing that laser promotes neuroplasticity of the brain/nervous system — this can dramatically help people not only quit addiction(s), but also eliminate old addiction behaviour programming by adopting NEW healthier lifestyle habits such as exercising, meditation, eating a healthier diet, starting a new hobby and more.
No Needles – Only Gentle Laser Light
Laser therapy allows for the gentle stimulation of acupuncture points.
By combining the approach of acupuncture to laser light, a truly revolutionary approach to the nearly 5,000 year old system of healing is now available. Low level laser therapy (LLLT) is applied instead of needles to energy points in order to stimulate the body’s natural healing abilities. This promotes positive outcomes in a non-invasive and relaxing way for pain, injury, inflammation and addiction.
What Is Auricular Or Ear Laser Therapy?
Auricular therapy is a specialty area of acupuncture. It is the stimulation of energy points on the external ear surface of the ear for the diagnosis and treatment of various health conditions and concerns in other areas of the body. The ear holds a microsystem of the whole human body (including the brain) that is consistent with the brain map discoveries of Canadian neuroscientist Dr. Wilder Penfield in the 1940’s.
It’s foundations were laid by Dr. Paul Nogier, a neurologist working in France in the 1950’s, it was deepened and expanded by Frank Bahr M.D. and physical medicine specialists in Germany over the following decades.
Treatment has traditionally been performed by stimulating the respective points on the ear with needles. Modern, low-intensity laser therapy equipment however allows practitioners to stimulate ear points painlessly. Dave only uses gentle laser light to stimulate these acupuncture points on both the ear and body.
Many different health conditions can be treated by ear and body acupuncture including migraines, insomnia, depression, addictions, and most conditions of pain and inflammation. Some patients
feel immediate relief, others need several days before they notice an improvement. Some people feel as if they were walking on air after treatment, and almost all feel very relaxed.
The best feature of auricular therapy is that effective results can be realized by utilizing gentle low intensity laser light instead of acupuncture needles.
Can Low Intensity Laser Therapy Burn?
No. There are 2 types of medical lasers. High intensity lasers which cut through tissue and low level intensity laser which stimulates tissue repair, reduces inflammation, decreases pain/addiction withdrawal symptoms and promote other healing responses in the body.
What Conditions Does Lazer Dave Treat With Laser?
- Almost any pain, inflammatory or injury condition.
- Smoking cessation, quitting smoking and nicotine dependency.
- Other addictions including: alcohol, marijuana, cannabis, sugar, drugs and more.
- Wellness concerns such as detoxification, anti-aging, energy levels and others.
Is Laser Therapy Safe?
The monochromatic coherent and polarized characteristics of the therapeutic light beam permit penetration of deep tissues without affecting normal cells. Any contraindications to treatment, risks or side effects are discussed individually with each patient to facilitate informed consent. Unlike most pharmaceutical solutions and other therapeutic options, laser therapy is non-toxic, safe and non-invasive.
More information on laser therapy safety is available on the following blog post: Is Laser Therapy Safe?
Is Laser Therapy Effective?
Many doctors are still not up-to-date, talk about or are even aware of the scientific support/clinical results of laser therapy. There are currently over 10,000 scientific clinical studies worldwide on laser and PBM (photobiomodulation) therapy. Many of these studies support positive results for many pain, injury and inflammatory conditions. Despite what some skeptics say — there are credible studies that support the use of laser for quitting addiction as well.
What Kind Of Laser Therapy Devices Does Dave Use?
Dave uses a very sophisticated and progressive laser therapy system of devices from Europe — made by RJ Laser in Germany. RJ Laser has been making lasers for 30+ years.
TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
- Call Kanata Physiocare. 613-254-5639.
- Client Profile. Reception will collect basic information to set up a client profile.
- First Appointment. All the Ottawa Laser Solution Program’s include 2 treatments. Reception will schedule your first appointment. Dave will recommend when to book your second appointment at the end of your first treatment (usually within 2 weeks).
- Deposit. Reception will request a $50 non-refundable deposit/prep guide ebook fee. This can be completed by etransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org or credit card. The deposit policy is non-negotiable and guarantees your appointment time.
- Prep Guide. Upon booking your first appointment AND completing the deposit — reception will then email you Lazer Dave’s Prep Guide For Laser Therapy (PDF format). This guide is considered an integral part of Lazer Dave’s Laser Quit Programs. Dave will assume you have read at minimum the first 2 PAGES of his guide before you arrive for your first treatment.
Physiocare Website KANATA
FOR A CONSULTATION
→ after reading over this website ←
Serving the laser therapy for pain, quit smoking, addiction and wellness needs of the greater Ottawa area including Kanata, Nepean, Westboro, Gatineau, Gleeb, Barrhaven, Manotick, Stittsville, Arnprior, Whitelake, Pakenham, Mississippi Mills, Carleton Place, Goulbourn, Carp, Dunrobin, Perth, Smiths Falls, Kingston and surrounding areas.